Wednesday, August 09, 2006

National Day Performance

Lately, Denise has been singing and dancing to some "national" songs at home; in preparation for her National Day performance in school. She has been singing "Singapura" and "We are Singapore" at home, shaking and jumping to the songs. JX even downloaded the songs from the Internet so that she can "practice". Parents were informed to dress their children in RED for the occasion.

The day finally came and I dressed Denise in the RED dress that Auntie Mel bought for her. I even wanted to take leave so that I can be there for her FIRST PUBLIC performance! My boss was kind enough to give me 2 hours off instead! I reached her school just in time to watch her class perform. What a thrill seeing Denise jumping, shaking and singing along with the music! She even had her face painted!

I was like a proud celebrity mum; keep snapping pictures and the teachers even tell me that Denise is a natural performer!


I am certainly looking forward to her next performance!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

i am looking forward to sending her to O School. Maybe, just maybe, in a few years time, she will be dancing on the stage... I can be a CELEBRITY mum! Ha ha!