Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Absent From School Again!

I brought Denise to the doctor last night. He verified that the ONE and ONLY spot on her back was not chicken-pox (phew!). However, she was having a slight fever (37.4 degrees) and mild wheezing. Doctor gave her paracetemol, syrup for cough and runny nose. He said that it was most likely a mild case of bronchitis and should go away in a day or 2. Praise the Lord!!!

Well, today is my 31st birthday and I will be staying at home to fulfill my motherhood duty - to look after my princess... :)

This morning, she woke up asking me why can't she go to school. I took the opportunity to explain to her that she is not well and must take her medication if she wants to go back to school soon. Satisfied with my explanation, she gladly ate her breakfast and watch Playhouse Disney. Hahah....she'll never be bored at home!

I believe the explanation works because she was so co-operative when I asked her to take her medication. Have you ever seen a child looking so happy and excited taking her OWN medication? That's my SUNSHINE!!!

2 comments:

Mummy Kless said...

Wah! It's so much more convenient when your kid can take her medication herself! I got to pin down joey's hands and legs just to feed her leh.... *envious*

Dawn said...

Hahah... I waited for 2 yrs 9 mths for her to reach this stage!