Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Dad's 1st Death Anniversary

Last year this time, the family was having a hard time shuttling between hospital and home/work. Time flies... It's been a year since my Dad passed away.

I remember that when we admitted Dad to the hospital, he was very weak; couldn't stand and walk on his own. Pastor Tan visited and prayed for him. He received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit! After Pastor left, he insisted on standing up! JX managed to capture a shot of him standing and praying in tongues. This is probably the last shot we have of him, standing upright.

Whenever I miss Dad or feel discouraged, I look at this picture. To me, this is a picture of FAITH!

I've hugged him, kissed him, told him I love him, heard him told me "he is very proud of me", spent great quality time with him, went holidays with him and have told him how proud we are to have a Dad like him... Basically like what people always say... Give flowers when they can still smell it! Our relationship was not always like that. It took us many, many years to work on making it better!

This Father's Day, I thought I would cry buckets but I surprised myself. I did not... Yes, I miss my Dad a GREAT BIG DEAL but there is no sense of regrets towards him...:) I have told him all that I needed and wanted to tell him. And death is easier to accept when you know that he has gone to a better place!

E1R1 - Each 1 Reach 1; who can you reach out to today? Live a life of no regrets! Someone needs to hear you say "I love you", "I appreciate you"... It's never too late!

No comments: