Monday, January 04, 2010

Trip to KL - Food Edition

Malaysia is the real Food Paradise!!! You can easily find nice and cheap food here... Even a simple roadside coffeeshop sells fantastic dishes!

Here, we were having dinner at a small roadside Chinese restaurant with my family. The food here is awesome!!! We ordered their specialties... Nonya steam fish, Fried Bitter Gourd, Golden Tofu, Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs... Yummy! 6 dishes for 7 adults and 4 children only costs us RM$135...

After dinner, we had "Mao Shan Wang". A treat from my bro-in-law... RM$28 per kg and 4 durians cost him RM$364!!! Every ex, by any standard... But I must say, the durians tasted superb :)

At the Choongs, Fong Loo welcomed us with Patchi. They are like Godiva, Chocz kind of "chocolate"... Between FL and I, we called them "chocolate fits for royalty" because these are the chocolate that the Choongs will buy for the King and Queen...:)

Of course, for those of you that follow my tweets, we had 2nd round of durians with the Choongs. This time the durians were cheaper BUT they were equally good; those bittersweet kind that I love!!!

Before we left on Friday morning, they brought us to a coffeeshop for Dim Sum. My all-time favourite item is "wu-kok" (deep fried yam). I am NOT exaggerating but this place serves one of the BEST "wu-kok" I have ever tasted! The crust melts in your mouth and the yam is so soft that it does not get stuck in your teeth! I could not resist "tar-pau-ing" 2 boxes to Singapore! I probably ate 3 there...:)

We ate so much good food on this trip... Dragon-i; Chinese La-mian restaurant, Nasi Bryani at Bangsar, homecooked Nasi Lemak by the Choong's 3rd Aunty, Kajang satay and roti prata etc... FOOD! Enough for me to want to go back again and again!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with u about the food in KL! Everytime I go there, I will put on at least 2 kg! ;p