Thursday, July 20, 2006

Working Mothers

Yesterday evening, while waiting for taxi at Suntec, I saw Klessis carrying Joey in her baby sling and walking towards the bus stop. That brought a lot of memories back...


I used to do that when Denise was very young. As young as 2 months old, she was already following me to office at Suntec every morning. I remember carrying her in her Mothercare sling in front and carrying my Samsonite backpack behind. We will take Bus 502 all the way from Jurong to Suntec. Those days were easy because she will sleep throughout the journey!

For a working mum, it is a joy to be able to bring your child to work everyday. We get to play with them during lunch and will not miss out on their infancy years. Whenever Klessis bring Joey out from nursery, all the female staff will rush to play with Joey. Kids do bring warmth and joy to the, otherwise cold (in terms of temperature; not environment!) office. And they are great stress-relievers too! I even have female friends asking me if there is vacancy in our office. They want to work here so that they can bring their children to work with them :)

My office nursery provides childcare for toddlers not older than 30 months only. Auntie Shirley and Auntie Liying take care of all the children. Denise just past 2 and a half years old and is at the age where she should receive some form of learning. She will no longer come to work with me. I drop her off in school every morning and fetch her from school after work.

I miss carrying her around everywhere I go...

2 comments:

Mummy Kless said...

Hahaha.. no wonder you had that nostalgic look on your face last night.. :D

Dawn said...

Yes... thousand of thoughts raced through my mind! hahahah....