Monday, July 07, 2008

Loss Of A Good Man (1 July 2008)

My father went home with the Lord on 1 Jul 2008. I gave the Eulogy on Thursday and this was what I shared.

"My Pastor shared this on Father’s Day this year.

1) A good father has a respected position
2) A good father has a wonderful plan
3) A good father provides
4) A good father pardons
5) A good father protects
6) A good father reflects the character and goodness of our heavenly Father

I can’t help but remember my Dad when I heard this that day.

He was not just a good father; but a good husband, father-in-law, grandfather, brother and friend. He was a good man!

When a neighbor heard that he has passed away, she told my brother “Your Dad is a good man!”

One relative came and visited him in the hospital. She says “You can see the success of a man by the people that surrounds him during his last days.”

The entire family and many relatives and friends visited and accompanied him till his very last day. There wasn’t a moment he was alone as the children will take turns to overnight with him in the hospital. We didn’t want him to open his eyes and find none of us around.

Even relatives from Ipoh and KL traveled to Singapore just to visit him when he was in the hospital. A few even had to make new passports just to visit him for a day!

He was a good man!

Before he got very ill, he told us that after he gets better and discharge, he wants to start going to church and experience God.

Even though he never made it after that, I was glad that in the last 2 months, when he was still conscious, he got saved, baptized in the Holy Spirit (with the evident of speaking in tongues) and eventually water baptized. My dad experienced God. And he now continues that walk with Jesus in heaven.

We will miss him greatly. But our comfort comes from knowing that he has gone to a better place where there is no more need for hospital visits, medication and pain. My dad does not like to be restricted; he has gone to a better place where he gets a new body, is free and is now walking again!

Earth lost a great man; but heaven has become a better place because of him.

Thank you!"


Mel, my elder sister, shared hers on Friday in Mandarin and dedicated a song to him. My sister was intending to bring my Dad to karaoke and sing this song with him. (Get ready your tissue...)



And a BIG THANK YOU to all the relatives and friends that came and supported my family during this difficult period. Especially to Pastors and friends from City Harvest, you guys are a GEM!!! My sister commented that she experienced the real demonstration of what love is all about!

No comments: