Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Choked!

Had a scare last Friday when I went to see the doctor with Debbie. I was down with bad flu and cough! While the doctor was checking me, I gave Debbie her piece of bread, tied tightly in a plastic bag. I could hear her playing with the plastic bag while I turned my back for the doctor to check my lungs...

Suddenly Debbie gave a loud cry! She seems to be choking! I realised that she had tore the plastic bag and bitten off some bread...!!!

I felt lost! Immediately the doctor lifted her up and started patting her back. Debbie opened her mouth and I digged a piece of bread, sized about my last finger, from her mouth...:( I told the doctor if I was not in the clinic, I would have held her upside-down and start smacking her from the back... To my surprise, she said that was the right thing to do...

Praise God, Debbie was alright after that! For a moment, I felt lousy as a mother for not looking out for her... Sigh, one of those moments...:p

No comments: