Sunday, December 02, 2007

When I Grow Up @ Victoria Theatre

Denise participated in CHC Children's Church first-ever Musical "When I Grow Up". She was supposed to be a fairy but being one of the youngest in the performance, she ended up being a flower instead...:)

As I had Debbie with me, it was difficult for me to stay with Denise for rehearsal. I usually drop her off and the teachers will help me take care of her.

Comments that I hear from the teachers and other parents...

"She is so cute"

"So serious and intense in her performance"

"Always looking out for one "off" flowers"

"She is very helpful"

"She "rescued" 2 flowers from falling off the stage" etc...

I decided to attend her Full Dress Rehearsal...:)




At the end of the rehearsal, Pastor Eileen even got some children to pray for the production.On the actual day (Nov 25, Sun), we dropped off Debbie at my mum's place and attended Denise first-ever public performance like any proud parents would! The entire theatre was filled with proud parents and eager grandparents. The atmosphere was awesome! I even visited Denise at the backstage...:)It was truly an excellent performance and great learning experience for Denise. She fell asleep on our way home. She was a TIRED flower! The next day, Denise told me, "Mummy, when I grow up, I want to be a botanist!"

"Do you know what is a botanist?"

"Someone who plants flowers"

Well done, Denise :)

No comments: