Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Teacher's Day

Part of celebrating Teacher's Day in Pat's Schoolhouse, is to encourage parents to relief the teachers from teaching. You can do anything within that hour slot. I "thought" it would be quite fun and got myself into trouble.

First of all, I wanted to do balloon sculptures for the children but it was out of stock! I didn't have time to shop around as I left the buying till the night before. Last minute, I decided to do simple cookery. Use cookie moulds to cut out funny bread shapes, spread chocolate sauce all over it and eat it! How simple right? WRONG! Thank God my littlle helper, Ms Denise, was with me. She turned out to be that extra pair of hands that I badly needed. I forgot that these were 3 years old and there were 12 of them!!!

The parents before me did English story-telling. A granny after me did Chinese story-telling, and she was GOOD! So my choice of simple cookery and balloon sculpturing turned out to be quite a good choice :)

I couldn't get the usual better brand so I settled for something less from N*UC :p Burst a few... You can see that I tried very hard to make the children keep quiet.

Finally, I was just SO GLAD that the hour was up! I appreciate ALL preschool teachers! Tough job you have!!!

No comments: