Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Conversations with Denise

#1 - On the way home, in the car with Daddy.

JX: Will you still love Daddy when Daddy is old like 爷爷?

Denise: But I don't like old people...

Denise (holding JX's hand): I will still love you Daddy.

When JX told me about the conversation, I told him that Denise has began to understand that when people grow old, they will die and go to heaven. So she does not like the idea of us growing old.

#2 - On our way home from dinner.

Denise: Mummy, I don't want you to grow old.

Mummy: But everyone will grow old.

Denise: Ok. And I will see you in heaven right?

Mummy: Yes, we will still see everyone in heaven.

After a pause...

Denise: Can you teach me how to press the numbers on the TV first?

Hahahha.......

Mummy: No worries, by then you will also grow up and be a mummy. You will have to teach your children how to operate the TV.

No comments: