Monday, May 07, 2007

Fever!!!

Denise was down with a fever last Tuesday (May 1). Her fever usually does not last more than 2 days and we were not too worried either. However, her temperature escalated in the night and we decided to bring her to the doctor. See how hip she is even though she was sick...:p

Doctor gave her paracetemol and antibiotics to ease her throat infection. But it didn't help...:( I took 2 days off on Thursday and Friday to look after her at home. Finally we couldn't take it anymore! Brought her to Gleneagles on Saturday evening and her temperature was 39.8 degrees!!!

Doctor gave her a suppository which should bring her temperature down fast. Supposed to ward her but only 4-bedder rooms left. As isolating her would be a better choice, we decided to bring her home with the stronger medication given.

Praise God! She obediently took all the medication and her temperature is much lower today...:) Usually I am not too worried about viral fever but 6 days of fever?!? After I came back from the hospital, a friend told me, "See, I told you that it is a viral fever...ha..." I was a little mad!!!

By the way, I already knew that it was a viral fever...but what virus is that? Denise never had fever for more than 2 days and I am not taking chances... Read too many horrible stories of parents losing their young children to bacteria attack...and I AM NOT TAKING CHANCES!!!

Anyway, she is well and up again! Will keep her away from school for another day. Back to work for me and school for her on Tuesday!

2 comments:

anonymous said...

Joshua had that months ago too. http://sheza.wordpress.com/2007/02/11/quack-doctors/

Dawn said...

Sigh...horrible feeling right? Thanks for the link!