Thursday, December 14, 2006

December 10, Milestone for Denise

December 10, 2006 marks an important milestone for Denise's development! She finally stopped after nursing for 2 years, 11 months and 13 days!!!

It was easier than I thought. I told her that "mummy has a baby and she needs to give mummy's milk to baby" and explained to her that she is old enough to eat other food and drink Milo but baby is very young; baby only drinks milk. Initially she says she will "share" but eventually agreed that she will "give" the milk-milk to baby! How sensible!

Since then, she has not been nursing at all!!! There are times that she will ask me if she can drink milk-milk, but when I remind her that baby needs milk, she will not ask anymore.

Like what Pastor Ulf prophesied about her during her baby dedication, "she will understand complicated things"... Indeed, at such a young age, she is already understanding complicated things...:)

2 comments:

Mummy Kless said...

Wah.. can I give you 10 claps for being so faithful in nursing for SO LONG? Never heard of any of my friends who did it for that long!

*clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap*

Little Warrior said...

Wow! I am nursing my boy, he is 14mth, my target is 2yr, but things make it so tough. You give me the DRIVE!!!